Search This Blog

Sunday 1 August 2010

what to wear?

OK, so this post is not technically about MS, more my own vanity, but it's important to me!

We're going to the big chill next weekend, and I really need to think of what I can wear!
Part of my job involves looking at all the fashion that everyone is wearing at the festivals and it's filling me full of dread!
My festival uniform used to be the scruffiest clothes I owned, that I wouldn't care about getting muddy/covered in beer/ripping etc etc. That's not acceptable these days though! I need to think of well planned outfits that look good, bang on trend and are not too try hard!
I should be relishing in this as for the first time ever I shall be going by car so space is not too limited (although Husband may object to a car full of shoes!), we will be staying in disabled camping which is quite plush by festival standards and I shall be in my chair for a lot of it so will not need to think about shoes that are suitable for bouncing around and walking in mud!

However, by nature I am not a summer dresser. I am happiest in winter when I can do skinny jeans, sparkly top and killer shoes, all tied up with a lovely coat.
My forays into summer dressing at festivals have so far involved going to see blur at Hyde Park where denim shorts, vest and sunnies were fine

and seeing our friends band do an outside gig where I thought I would do (fake) wayfarers, straw Trilby and parka

The first look was fine, but the second not so good as a Trilby does not suit me and the wayfarers are not kind to a large nose!
Oh what to do! I know this is very self obsessed and I should be thinking about more important things but I'm pretty good MS wise (thanks steroids!), life is being kind and I feel the need to indulge the silly girly side of me! I have pulled out loads of clothes that I need to start whittling down to make some sort of festival chic from.
I will try to update when I have some time and let you know how I'm going!

Also, we were told the other day that we can hire a mobility scooter at the festival which would be cool, but they want £90 for the pleasure!! so I am going to be in the silly chair for most of it, when all I'll want to do is dance around. I have tried this before and I don't half get some funny looks going from being in a chair to doing a half dance/wiggle thing! I worry people think I'm faking!

Oh well, rambled enough for one day!

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment