Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 August 2010

ok, full festival debrief!

What an amazing weekend! I did something I thought I would never do again and it was amazing!
Before Mystery S, I loved a good festival. Wandering in a field for a weekend, wearing flowers in my hair, seeing loads of cool bands and drinking more cider than is good for you was my idea of fun! After MS, I thought my festival days were over. How on earth could I possibly wander round fields when my legs barely let me wander round the shops? Thankfully husband and friends are even more "don't let this beat you" than I am and as a team effort I conquered the big chill!

First hurdle- Camping. Now my wonderful husband has never really been one for camping. I on the other hand loved nothing more than my DoE awards and festivals, getting muddy, sleeping in what is basically an over sized plastic bag and getting down with nature! Putting up the tent was going to be tricky anyway with my reduced mobility and doubly so with Ants broken arm! But we did it! The tent came up pretty fuss free and stayed up all weekend- result!
Second hurdle- Getting around. As mentioned before my legs get far too tired to wander for ages so we took the dreaded chair. On the whole, this wasn't too bad. Poor ant had difficulties pushing me around cause of his arm, but our lovely friends took it in turn to push over the super bumpy bits and we did it! I would like to say thanks to the people at big chill for letting us use the backstage metal paths and also add more of these next year, makes life so much easier!

Having the chair also helped when there weren't enough seats for us all! I always had one and it made life much easier!
The only really difficult bit we had was getting to the monkey bar. My lovely friend Lucie does the PR for the whiskey brand and we wanted to get up there to see her and do the graffiti T's that she had organised (see pics). This was one heck of a mission but we did and it was well worth it! (Thanks for the cocktail too Luce)

Third possible problem- drinking. I used to be able to keep up with the boys when drinking but MS has meant I am now the worlds cheapest date and drinks go straight to my legs! Silly amounts of whiskey cocktails and pear cider meant by about 2pm on the Friday i was ready for bed!

A little bit tipsy (can you you tell? ;)
We managed to get back to the tent, I had a sleep and was good to go again!It was a lesson learnt and I paced myself for the rest of the weekend!
We saw loads of fab bands, won the music quiz, did rockyoaki, I danced a bit, spent loads of time with our lovely friends and am still exhausted from it all!
I'm gonna put loads of pics below so have a look and a giggle!

Claire and Nik, my standing support team!

Gregg and the monkey cocktail bar- mission to get to, but drinks worth it!

deep in music quiz thought

drinky drinky!


My gorgeous boy

Pulling off festi fashion!

Singing my heart out!

The winning team! working the red visor look!

Thanks for this crazy stranger!

Ant and our music quiz prize!!!

Was such a fab weekend! Def do it again next year! Now I'm off to bed, still catching up on sleep! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment