Search This Blog

Friday 27 August 2010

I've been useless

I started writting this blog to show having MS doesn't mean the end of the world, and yet I have done nothing but moan and be dull on here for the past few weeks. Sorry people!
I've just been having a bit of a tricky time of it lately. First there is all the stuff with Mum, which has been on my mind constantly and we have just found out that the cause of it may have been down to her Dr! Mum got put on the pill last month as she was told she was too old for the injection (how is 50 old?) and my sister did some research into the one she was on and it quite clearly states that this should not be given to anyone with a high blood pressure (which mum has) and should not be given to people with Neurological conditions such as MS! And the real joy of all of this is that one of the side effects may be causing strokes! I am so cross at mums Dr, I have a good mind to go down there and tell all the other patients exactly what they did and what happened! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Secondly, this cold I have has been a nightmare. What started off as a sniffly nose has turned into a full blown chest infection resulting in antibiotic taking. It has also scared the heck out of me. When I get a cold my walking gets affected a bit but it's still manageable. This time has been different. Monday and Tuesday were very scary as my ankles were turning in on themselves and I couldn't stand or walk. I was so scared. I just started thinking "what if the rest of my life is going to be like this?" it broke my heart and all I could do was cry into my husbands shoulder and babble.
Thankfully, since Thursday, my walking has been great and I even did a Driving lesson this morning but it has really made me think, I need to do more exercise, I need to learn to relax and not keep going when I am exhausted.
So life has been a b***h these last few weeks, but I'm thinking onwards and upwards. No more being down, only up! We are seeing mum this weekend so that will be good, and I'm planning on relaxing so that I can get on with things in my usual sunshine way xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment