Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Fun in the sun

Yesterday was a brilliant, if hard day! After work we met up with some friends in West Hampstead. This is an easy to get to place from our house one train all the way. Well it would be easy if my legs didn't have a brilliant trick of deciding that when I want to go somewhere, they don't. I'd been having trouble with my walking all day, but towards the end of the day, after I'd been nicely relaxed by a head massage when I had my hair cut, they were going ok. So off we went to the train station and my legs just started to play up, not moving properly, making my ankle all weak! Grrr! Anyway long story short, after many rest breaks and a lot of sitting down we got there! Had a really good catch up with our friends and a lovely time.
I get so annoyed with this, for me it is one of the most annoying parts of having MS. I used to be the girl that woke up on a Saturday morning thinking "oooh I'll go to town today, a bit of shopping on Oxford street and then some lunch with a friend" This is not as easy to do anymore. My legs get so tired out when walking and I can't really do the trains on my own at the moment as I don't trust my legs. I do have a wheel chair, but I hate using this!! Also London transport is not the most disabled friendly!
For me, my reduced mobility really is the hardest part of MS. There are ways to combat this but who wants to walk with a stick or sit in a wheelchair when three years ago thoughts of these things never crossed their mind?

Sorry having a bit of a whinge today, feel so exhausted and tired and moany! Will try to cheer up and write a happier post later!
I have physio at 1 which will hopefully improve my walking and also my mood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment