Search This Blog

Thursday 23 February 2012

getting into bad old habbits!

I've been a lazy blogger again, bad me! A lot of it isn't my fault, busy mum, crazy tired all the time and think I may be having a b it of a relapse :0(

But positive things!!

My baby girl is 6 months old today! It's gone so quickly its crazy! I love that she has a proper personality now, giggles loads and is super smiley, but I really cant believe how quickly this time has gone! It only seems like yesterday that we bought home the tiny little thing who was so delicate and didn't fit into normal sized newborn stuff! Now she's a big girl, in proper grown up girl clothes, in her own cot and really strong (as the poor cats have come to realise with the fur grabbing!)!
Shes also eating solids now which is great fun! We're going to a wedding at the weekend (will post pics of my dress, its gorgeous!) and shes going to have pots of food rather than mummy's homemade mush! That will be fun, as I'm not sure how her feeding will work with our eating too!

Ive noticed this week how much I don't worry about my appearance so much since having Ellie. Its only because we are going to this wedding that I've thought "hmmm these nails are messy, need sorting. These eyebrows are crazy must get them threaded. Yep hair is crazy, need a cut and colour". I think by Saturday when I'm all dressed up, my husband will think he's gone back in time!

Ive also been trying out a new thing to see if it helps my core muscles. My sister gave me her slender tone belt as I was moaning about mummy tummy and as well as helping improve my tum a bit, its had a brilliant effect on my back pain! I think, using that, combined with exercise might be what I have been looking for the past 3 years!!

Its the 5 year anniversary of being diagnosed this week. Its weird when I think about it, and I'm a bit teary writing this. This time 6 years ago, I was "normal" Em, running around, being silly, not scared of doing anything and not worrying about being able to do simple things. I had so much ambition and loads of plans about what I was going to do. A year later it all came crashing down (along with my legs which decided to give way!). I try, really really hard, to be normal, but sometimes its impossible. I cant complain too much though. The day before I was diagnosed, my father in law was given the all clear from cancer, and that was amazing, although my news was shit I was over the moon for his news. And although my legs are crap, I'm still here, have an amazing husband, daughter, family & friends. Life's hard, but I think its made me stronger.

Ohhhhhh!! Enough of the "poor me" rubbish!
Its my birthday on Sunday and I'm really looking forward to seeing my mates! Also on Monday I'm getting a tattoo done! I had two stars done on my back a month before I got married, one for my husband, one for me. Now I'm getting Ellie added to my family of stars! xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment