Search This Blog

Sunday 1 May 2011

The things they don't really tell you about pregnancy!

I have read so many books, have lots of phone apps and spoken to everyone I know that has had a baby in the last few years and there are some things people don't really mention a lot about:

1. The hair!! And I'm not talking about the super thick head hair growth, I'm  talking tummy hair! Its crazy but I think my stomach is now rivaling my husbands for hairyness. Thankfully its Blondie not dark, but if it catches the sunlight, I can seriously rival chewbacca! I'm really hoping it all falls out after the birth otherwise I shall not be wearing a bikini without some serious waxing!

2. Constipation: all the pregnancy books mention this but none go into the horror of not being able to "go" for four days!! I know this is hardly conversation for polite society, but it's a nightmare! Its equally bizarre for me as my MS tends to have the opposite problem for me so this is weird! I'm trying really hard to put this in nice ways but its not exactly nice conversation!!

The other thing i am finding hard because there is no info on it is dealing with ms & pregnancy. I honestly cant be the only woman to get pregnant whilst having ms and yet there is nothing to help me through. A lot of the symptoms i am getting in pregnancy are similar to ms symptoms. The legs cramps which I'm getting at the moment are apparently common in second trimester but I get these anyway with MS and its so much harder to wriggle the cramp off when your legs are bad. The back ache as well is killer! How do you deal with a painful back when not only is it the pain but you also get odd spasms in it too! gggrrrr!

OK enough moaning! Tomorrow I am going to reclaim this website for its original purpose, showing MS does not mean you give up on life. For all the moaning I have actually done a lot in the past few weeks so I'll tell all tomorrow! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment